Acronym / Abbreviation Guide
The following abbreviations and acronyms are frequently used on the fertility journey:
- CD: Cycle Day
- EDD: Estimated Due Date
- FSH: Follicle Stimulating Hormone
- GnRH: Gonadotropin-releasing hormone
- HPT: Home pregnancy test. Measures levels of the hormone hcG which are produced in pregnancy.
- HcG: Hormone detected by pregnancy tests. Human Chorionic Gonadotropin.
- IUI: Intrauterine insemination
- IVF: In Vitro Fertilization
- LH: Luteinizing Hormone
- LMP: Last menstrual period. The first day of your last period.
- LP: Luteal Phase
- M/C: Miscarriage
- O: Ovulation
- RE: Reproductive Endocrinologist- Fertility Specialist
- TTC: Trying to conceive